Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Post Office charge for a change of address?
This is a misnomer, the Post Office doesn’t actually hold your address – it is you that changes your address. Royal Mail charges £28 – £68 for re-direction services, whereas SlothMove will update your address directly with the companies – and that’s free of charge.
How to do a change of address at the Post Office
The simplest (and free) way to do a change of address at the post office is:
- o Head over to SlothMoves online moving home platform
- o Enter your details (name, previous address, new address)
- o Select who you’d like to update your address with (DVLA, HMRC, Council, Water, Loyalty Cards, Charities, TV Licencing etc…)
- o Click submit and SlothMove will update everyone automatically
Does it cost to change your address with the Post Office?
Thanks to SlothMove’s new technology, it no longer costs anything to change your address with the Post Office. SlothMove can help you inform all of your companies that you’re moving home at no cost. It takes just under 5 minutes to complete.
How do I redirect a letter?
The easiest way to redirect a letter is by changing address with the person/company themselves.
- o Head over to SlothMove
- o Enter your previous and new address
- o Select which letter you would like to redirect by choosing which companies to inform
- o Click submit (it’s free) and SlothMove will update your address for you automatically, redirecting your letter.