Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to inform DWP of a change of address?
Yes, when you move home you must inform DWP (HMRC) about your change of address.
When you update your address with HMRC it will update across DWP and others.
Do I need to inform HMRC of a change of address?
If you’re moving home and have more than one company or institution to update, you can start your HMRC change of address by:
- Goto SlothMove’s change of address platform
- Enter your moving details and address (previous & new)
- Select who you want to inform about your change of address (HMRC, DWP, Council, etc…)
- Select complete and you’re done
How do I change my address for Disability Living Allowance? (DLA)?
You can update your address with DLA by using SlothMove here. You can also call DLA on: 0800 587 0912
How do I inform DWP of a change of circumstances?
You can inform DWP about a change of circumstances by heading over to the Government Gateway, entering your details, and selecting what you need to update. If you need to complete a DWP change of address alongside others you may be best started with SlothMove’s moving home platform to update multiple simultaneously.
Will your DWP payment date change?
The payment dates of some benefits, such as DWP and universal credit may change in 2022. As most people may know, if your payment date falls on a bank holiday you will be paid earlier. For reference, the 2022 bank holiday dates in England are:
- New Year’s Day: Monday 3rd Jan 2022
- Good Friday: Fri, 15th Apr 2022
- Easter Monday: Monday 18th Apr 2022
- Early May Bank Holiday: Monday 2nd May 2022
- Spring Bank Holiday: Thursday 2nd Jun 2022
- Platinum Jubilee bank holiday: Friday 3rd Jun 2022
- Summer Bank Holiday : Monday 29th Aug 2022
- Boxing Day: Monday 26th Dec 2022
- Christmas Day: Tuesday 27th Dec 2022