How To Update Address with DLA

Update Your Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Online

How To Update Address with DLA

DLA Change of Address

DLA Change of Address​

You are moving home and need to update your address with Disability Living Authority (DLA).

As you know, it’s important that you complete your DLA change of address because it can effect the amount you receive. This is also the case if you change circumstances.

We’ll show you exactly how to update your address with the DLA.

Since you’re moving, we will also cover how you can update your address across other essential institutions and companies (HMRC, Council, NS&I, Energy, Water etc…). Read on for that.

Firstly, let’s look at how exactly you let the DLA know you’ve moved or changed details.

Update DWP Online

Update DLA Online

You can most easily update your address with the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) online using SlothMove’s online change of address service. DWP is responsible for your Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Instead of dozens of phone calls and hours of waiting you can use one hassle-busting service and update all of your services (DWP, HMRC, NHS, loyalty cards etc…) online at the same time 👍 

Disability Living Allowance Change of Address

Tell everyone that you’re changing address in minutes. 

At the click of a button we’ll update your address across all of your chosen accounts, at the same time in one place. We’ll update your address on the electoral roll, HMRC, your new and previous council, water & sewerage provider and others you select know you’re moving home. You can do this yourself manually if you prefer (see below) or use our hassle-busting service to save hours of time.

Our sloths will save you the time and hassle of organising all of the updates by taking care of everything in one place 🦥


Once you click submit we’ll update your address with the electoral roll and any other institutions or companies you selected. You won’t need to do anything further, so you can kick-back, relax and spend your time doing something else.

You will soon be able to update PIP & DLA within our service, but in the meantime be sure to call them to update your address. You can update your address with HMRC, DWP, State Pension & many others in our service.

Disability Living Allowance Change of Address

Disability Living Allowance Change of Address​

If you were born on 8th April 1948 or before you will continue to receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) as long as your eligible for it.

You need to get in touch with the Disability Service Centre if any of your circumstances changes, including a change of address. This may effect how much DLA you receive. 

Dependant upon when you were born you will need to contact a different number for Disability Service Centre.

Born after 8th April 1948: Call 0800 121 4600 

Born before 8th April 1948: Call 0800 731 0122 

One of their friendly advisers will then be able to help you with your change of address or change of circumstances.

Both lines are open Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM.

Once you’ve done this you’ll need to update your address across all of your other accounts. Let’s explore a quick, safe and hassle-free way of getting all of those services updated.

DLA Change of Circumstances

You must inform the Disability Service Centre if you have a change of circumstances such as an address change.

So, when do you need to inform the Disability Service Centre? You need to get in touch if any of the below apply:

  • You go into a hospital or care facility for more than 28 days
  • You leave the country for more than 13 weeks
  • The level of help you need changes
  • Your condition changes
  • You are imprisoned
  • Your name, address or bank details change
  • Your doctor’s details change
  • You wish to stop receiving your benefit

What Should I Do if My DLA Claim is Ending?

Now we’ve covered how to complete your DLA change of address, let’s look at what you should do if your claim is coming to an end.

When your DLA is ending you will receive a letter inviting you to apply for Personal Independence Payment (PIP). It’s important that you apply for PIP within 28 days of getting the letter. 

If your DLA is ending and you haven’t received a letter then call the Disability Service Centre on: 0800 121 4600 

What to Do if You Have Been Paid Too Much DLA

If you think you may have been paid too much Disability Living Allowance (DLA) it’s important that you don’t ignore it.

You will be required to repay the money if you don’t report it straight away or were overpaid by mistake.

You will also need to pay the excess DLA payment back if you provided false or misleading information.

DLA Change of Address & Beyond

Now we’ve successfully covered how to update your Disability Living Allowance (DLA) address. We’ve also covered how to update your address with HMRC, Electoral Roll, Council & Water providers and hundreds of other companies. Additionally, we’ve covered what you should do if you have had a change of circumstances or believe you’ve been overpaid. If you have recently moved you may find our change of address service helpful. You can also explore the site to see how else we will be able to help your move & home 🎉