USS Pension Change of Address

Everything You Need to Complete Your USS Change of Address

USS Pension Change of Address​

USS Pension Moving House

USS Pension Moving House​

When moving home it is best to update your address across your pension providers (and all other accounts). 

We’ll cover how to complete your University Superannuation  Scheme change of address online in just a few minutes.

If you’re moving home you need to let your pension provider(s) know about your change of address. If your USS Pension is registered to your previous address you will miss out on potentially important information.

Since you’re moving home, you’ll also need to update your address across other essential institutions and companies (HMRC, Council, NS&I, Energy etc…) at the same time.

For a quick, safe and hassle-free way of updating your address across your pension providers (and tell other companies) that you’re moving you can use our online change of address service.

Let’s jump straight in to completing your USS staff pension change of address 😎 

Tell everyone that you’re changing address in minutes. 

At the click of a button we’ll update your address with your USS Pension and across any other all accounts, at the same time in one place. You can also update your address with other pension providers, water, electoral roll, HMRC, councils  and others that you are moving home. You can do this yourself manually if you prefer (see below) or use our hassle-busting service to save hours of time.

Address change


Update your address

Select who needs to know you're moving - USS Pension, HMRC, Electoral Roll etc..

changing address online


About you

Enter your previous address, new address and the date you moved home

updating your address with slothmove



Click submit and we'll update your address with accounts automatically

Our sloths will save you the time and hassle of organising all of the updates by taking care of everything in one place 🦥

Once you click submit we’ll update the address on your USS Pension as well as any other institutions or companies you selected. You won’t need to do anything further, so you can kick-back, relax and spend your time doing something else.

If you’d prefer to update the University Superannuation Scheme yourself manually, you can call on 0333 300 1043

How To Update Your Address with the Universities Superannuation Scheme

Whether you currently draw your pension or not, it’s important to update your USS Pension (along with any others such as Standard LifeAviva etc…) when you’re moving home.

Having the most up-to-date address across your pension accounts means you won’t miss any important updates by mail, nor will they go to a third party.

Here’s how to complete a quick and simple USS Pension home move and other address changes:

  • Head over to SlothMove’s moving home platform
  • Select who needs to know you’re moving (USS Pension, HMRC, electoral roll etc…)
  • Tell us about your move (previous address, date of move etc…)
  • Click complete and we’ll update your addresses automatically

You can also update your USS pension by phone (0333 300 1043).

If you’re using SlothMove you will also be able to select other pension providers and update them at the same time.

To complete the USS Pension moving house process you’ll need to provide:

  • Your USS account pension number 
  • Previous address
  • New address
  • Date of move
  • Name

Can I cash in my USS pension?

Can I cash in my USS pension?​

The USS benefit package includes a tax-free lump sum. This lump sum is equivalent to three times your annual pension amount. You can take up to 25% in line with the lifetime tax free allowance.

You can find more information about the retirement income builder here.

When can I take my USS Pension?

According to USS, the USS Pension age will rise from 65 to 66. This went into effect on 6th October 2020, so you must now be 66 to draw down your pension. You are still able to draw down your pension earlier than 66, but you will see a reduction in the amount.

The University Superannuation Scheme pension age is changing in line with the change in the State Pension age in 2020.

How do I transfer my USS Pension?

Now we’ve covered how to complete a change of address for your USS pension, let’s look at how you transfer other providers into one place.

Most people reach end up with pensions across multiple providers. It can be easier to transfer all pensions into one place. This helps you to keep track of where everything is, save money on fees and make it simpler to manage.

So, how do you transfer your USS Pension?

To transfer your USS Pension you will need the following 4 pieces of information:

  1. Your current pension provider’s name (and the policy numbers)
  2. The scheme name of the pension you’d like to transfer
  3. Your National Insurance number
  4. Know how you’d like to invest your pension.

You would then submit an application and USS will process that. if you’d like to take your pension from USS to another provider then you would first need to choose where you’d like your pension to be managed. Then, follow that specific providers process.

USS Pension Moving house & Beyond

USS Pension Moving house & Beyond​

We’ve covered everything you need to complete the USS Pension moving home process  🎉 

We’ve discussed how to update the registered address on your USS Pension, as well as how to transfer-in other providers. We’ve also covered some insight on when you can draw down your pension. Now we’ve covered how to change your address online, feel free to explore SlothMove.