SES Moving House

Everything You Need to Complete Your SES Water Change of Address

SES Moving House​

SES Water Change of Address

As we know, when moving you need to update your address with your water, sewerage and council providers. This will include completing the SES change of address process, which fortunately you can do online in a few minutes.

We’ll show you everything you need to do and how to complete your SES change of address (Sutton and East Surrey Water) online.

We’ll also cover how to setup supply with SES, how to cancel SES water and how to update your address with SES.

With that in mind, let’s jump straight in 😎 

water change of address-4

Update SES Water

You can update your address with SES in a couple of ways. The most convenient way to update your address across SES water and many other providers simultaneously in through our change of address service.

This will enable you to update your address with your new & previous council tax & water providers, NHS, loyalty cards and hundreds of other services. To get started with your SES update simply click below 📍

SlothMove is directly integrated with all of the UK water suppliers. When you submit we’ll send a change of address notification to your water supplier, who’ll then process that and reach-out to you. Whether it is an account closure, account creation or just an address update we’ll help get you sorted in a jiffy.

Address change


Update your address

Select who needs to know you're moving - SES Water, HMRC, Council etc..

changing address online


About you

Enter your previous address, new address and the date you moved home

updating your address with slothmove



Click submit and we'll update your address with accounts automatically

You can call Sutton & East Surrey Water or complete it on their website. If you’d prefer to update your water suppliers yourself  manually, you can call Sutton and East Surrey Water on 01737 772000. or create an account here.

If you’d prefer to do it online and update everyone our sloths will save you the hassle and take a care of everything in one place.

How To Update Your Address with SES Water

As we know, you need to complete the SES moving home process under if you fit one of these three criteria:

1) You are moving into an area supplied by SES water and previously had a different water supplier, such as Thames Water. This will be a water account setup

2) You are a customer of SES water and you’re moving to another property which is also supplied by SES water. This will be a straight forward change of address. We will need to close one account down, set another one up.

3) You are leaving a property supplied by SES to a property supplied by another water & sewerage provider – known as an account closure 

To setup, update or cancel your address with SES water simply:

  • Head of to SlothMove’s change of address service
  • Enter some details (when you’re moving, prev/new address etc…)
  • Select SES water and any other providers you’d like to update
  • Choose SlothMove Basic/Plus, then hit submit and SlothMove will update your address 

We will inform SES water immediately via an API, which will let them know that you’re moving. SES Water will then reach-out to you (typically within 2 weeks, but can be 4) to confirm your address change

If you’d like to speak to SES water you can drop them a line on 01737 772000 or create an online account.

After you’ve updated your address with SES water you can also check out our moving home utilities guide to make sure you’ve covered everything you need. 

Do I Need to Update my Address with SES Water?

When moving home you must update your address with SES water, or whoever your water supplier is. 

Firstly, when you move water accounts you will either owe a bill or be eligible for a refund. Water providers usually share this within 2 weeks of the move-in date. If you don’t alert your supplier that you’ve moved you could miss out on a refund, or worse yet, have an outstanding balance you’re not aware of.

Secondly, there are data protection and fraud concerns when you don’t update your address with SES Water. As they think you live at your previous address they will continue to send mail notifications there, creating risk for you.

In any case, when moving home be sure to update your address with not just your water supplier but across all accounts.

When you’re moving out of your home be sure to capture the latest water meter readings on the day you move out. The same applies if you find a water meter in to the property you move into.

You can then provide those meter readings to SES water and they will ensure that you are billed only for the water you have consumed.

How do I Transfer SES Water to my New Address?​

If you’re moving from a property supplied by SES water to another one within the same jurisdiction you will need to transfer your account over.

You can complete your SES water update online using SlothMove. Simply:

  • Go to up SlotMove’s address changer
  • Enter your details & moving info
  • Select SES water
  • Click submit and you’re done 🎉  

SES will process your address change for you. According to, SES have over 660,000 customer son live supply.

How do I Cancel SES Water?​

If you’re moving home and leaving SES Water’s geography you will not close down your SES Water account and setup your new one with your next water supplier.

You can close down your account with SES Water easily online with SlothMove’s home setup service

  • Enter a little info (moving date, previous address, new address)
  • SlothMove will auto-populate your new and previous council & water providers (select what you’d like to update/close down)
  • Select if you’d like to update anyone else
  • SlothMove will update your address automatically and let SES Water know you’ve moved out 

You can then kick back and get back to enjoying the rest of your home move 🎉 

SES Water Moving house & Beyond

In this guide we have covered how to complete your SES Water change of address. This includes moving into & out of a property supplied by SES water, address updates, account setups and account closures.

The best time to update your address with SES water is around 2 weeks before your move-in date. This will give them enough time to generate a bill/refund and setup an account for you (if applicable).