npower Change of Address

How to transfer, cancel or update your supply with npower

npower change of address

How do I change my address with npower?

How do I change my address with npower?​

If you are supplied by npower and you’re moving home you can either transfer your supply to your new property or cancel your supply. Either way, you will need to complete an npower change of address so that npower can close down your account and generate a final bill.

So, we’ll cover everything you need to know, including how to setup energy when you move home.

Let’s jump straight in 😎 


npower moving home

If you’re moving home and don’t necessarily want to take npower across to your new property you may want to considering looking at the market. If you want to see if can reduce your costs you can compare the market for your energy here.

If you just want to let npower know that you’re moving home you can use SlothMove’s home setup service

  • 1) Enter your info (previous address, new address etc…)
  • 2) Select who needs to know you’re moving (energy supplier, council, water, loyalty cards etc…)
  • 3) Set up your home
  • 4) Click submit and SlothMove will update your address automatically

You will also need to provide meter readings on the day you  move out of your property. You can estimate or take reads at a later date, however by taking reads on the date you move out you can ensure that your bill is accurate.

You can also share meter readings with SlothMove on the form, and if you’re move out date is in the future you can just text them to us when you move out 👍  

You can also log into your online npower account or use your customer number. You can also call npower freephone on 0800 073 3000


When do I need to info npower that I'm moving home?

The best time to inform npower that you’re moving home is 3-4 weeks before your move. You can let them know by using our home setup service. You will also be able to update your address across all of your other accounts there too.


npower change of tenancy

If you’re a landlord and you have had a change of tenancy you should let npower know. You can let npower know your tenant has changed on their landlord portal here.

According to npower, to process those change details you will need

  • The new tenant’s name and contact details
  • The date they started being responsible for the energy
  • Their opening meter readings from this date
  • The forwarding address and contact details for the previous tenant (if applicable) 


How do I cancel my account with npower

How do I cancel my account with npower​

When we ask ‘how to cancel account with npower’ we’re technically talking about how to transfer suppliers. That’s because there must be an energy supplier in each residential dwelling.

If you want to leave npower, you can just setup with a new energy supplier and that supplier will also inform npower on your behalf.

We have a full guide on how to cancel your energy supplier when moving house.


How do I get in touch with npower?

How do I get in touch with npower?​

You can call npower by freephone on 0800 073 3000

You can also write into npower at

npower, PO Box 177, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 9AQ